Posts tagged interior design
Posts tagged interior design
Gorgeous Office Space.
Photo Credit: The Decorista
Tory Burch’s living room is absolute perfection! Le sigh…
Elle Decor never fails to inspire! Absolutely in love with these kids rooms.
Sharing with you some of my home office inspirations:
Photos: design sponge
I cannot deal with how chic India Hick’s living room looks. Perfection.
While I was pregnant, my husband and I decided to have furniture made for the house. Most of the pieces were for Wyatt’s room but we decided to have built in shelves specially made for our den. You see, Wesley and I are collectors, we each have our own little piles of fashion, art, home decor and travel books. What better way to display them than by piling them all in shelves together with little knick knacks that we’ve collected through the years.
Being the interior design freak that I am, I was already prepared with my shelf inpiration pegs. Here are some of them:
I find the unexpected pop of color to be really pretty. So fresh and fun!
The mixture of art and books is awesome. I’m thinking of hanging paintings on the shelves too.
This made me want my own pair of Foo Dogs.. So pretty in the loveliest shade of blue.
I like the idea of hanging spotlights. I bet the shelves look great when they’re lit up in the evening. They’re also a great focal point. I wouldn’t mind starting at it the whole day!
Our shelves before. The helpers just stuffed it with all the books they could find. Total chaos.
Our shelves after. It’s still a work in progress. I’m excited to fill it up with more family mementos.
What about you guys? Are you currently working on any home projects? Do share!
Leave it to the fabulous girls at Vogue to come up with chic and useful ways to use everyday items as storage!
Why don’t you…
1) … use candlestick holders to store your pretty bangles..
2) … use antique glass jars to store soap…
3) … use julep glasses to hold up your makeup brushes…
4) … arrange your make-up on a silver platter…
5) …put all your perfume on a silver tray..
6) … store other knick knacks in a lovely silver tin…
Do you guys have other pretty storage solutions? Do share!
With pregnancy comes the nesting bug. I absolutely cannot sit still and do nothing. There’s this need to make our home ready for the arrival of the little one. Good thing I adore anything and everything related to interior design. I suppose if you’re interested in fashion, It’s only natural to have a love and passion for interiors as well. As THE Coco Chanel once said: “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. Style doesn’t end with the clothes on our back and the shoes on our feet. It is an extension of who we are and what we love. I want to make our home an expression of who we are as individuals, as a couple and has a family. Good thing there are a lot of blogs and websites out there dedicated to sharing their awesome decorating ideas to the rest of the world. Here are a couple of my favorites:
1. Lonny Magazine brought to you by the former editors of Domino Magazine. You can expect nothing but the best!
2. Dwellers Without Decorators is the personal blog of Fashion Editor Suze Yalof Schwartz. Here she shares her current design inspirations as well as snapshots of her gorgeous apartment.
3. The Decorista this blog actually introduced me to the other design blogs that I am currently reading. I love how she features homes that really show the personality of the owners. The apartments and houses look lived in, fun and comfortable. Real homes for real people.
4. Elle Decor The epitome of home chic! This is the best source of ideas from the top interior decorators in the world.
5. Apartment Therapy Ohdeedoh features really amazing and adorable babies/kids rooms! I got a lot of ideas for Wyatt’s room here.
How about you guys? Which sites do you frequent for home decor inspiration?
You all know I love prints! Well, that obsession also holds true for interiors and home accessories! Aren’t these bowls darling? Learn more about them on my latest #Shopcrazy post.