Posts tagged Jenna Lyons
Posts tagged Jenna Lyons
What I wore to the Mango Bloggers/Stylists VIP Sale Preview:
I was fortunate enough to be invited to be part of Mango’s VIP Sale Preview for Bloggers and Stylists. Basically we get to shop a day before the sale is open to the public. SCORE! Racks and racks of beautiful clothes were calling me. It was a bit overwhelming at first but I was able to find lots of awesome gems! Check out my top picks here.
I decided to pull a Jenna Lyons and do denim on denim. I’m kind of liking this look, very clean and easy!
Top: Forever 21, Jeans: Mango, Belt: Charles and Keith, Shoes: Schu, Bag: Gucci
Yes, I am still on a Jenna Lyon’s high… she is amazeballs..
Anyhoo, You might wanna share this with your man :
1. There’s nothing sexier than a blazer, a tie, and jeans. And yet most men can’t put it together; they either end up with a suit and tie or jeans and T-shirt. Try taking half from one look and half from the other. Chances are you’ll get something a little bit cooler.
2. Men don’t shop enough. Being current has everything to do with finding the place you want to shop, whether it’s J. Crew or Tom Ford. You have to get off your duff and get out there, because styles evolve. Certain things are classics and they do stay, but men need to keep updating their wardrobe, because change is subtle. For example, denim is getting slimmer. If you’re wearing jeans from two years ago, they probably don’t look current. Get a new pair of jeans.
3. Overplucked, overdone men are frightening to me. Women want a man who looks like he takes care of himself but doesn’t look like he thinks about it more than she does.
4. A pressed shirt signals work mode. But a washed-cotton shirt automatically makes you feel more touchable, more approachable. It’s effortless. However, if everything is washed—that’s not interesting. When washed is paired with a blazer and a tie, it looks amazing.
5. Most men don’t have a clue about tailoring. They hate to ask for directions and they hate to ask if something looks good on them. Learn to ask the salesperson. Ask a woman. Great tailoring always makes guys look better.
6. Get dressed, then change one element. With a suit, wear a pair of Converse, or take off your dress shirt and put on a chambray button-down instead. You can also do the reverse. Try khakis rolled up with wingtips. Tweaking one thing is an easy way for guys to modernize an outfit, even if they don’t know what the hell they’re doing.
7. Three subjects are off-limits to my husband: my mother, my ass, and my age. The worst thing you can do to a woman is to make her feel like she’s not beautiful anymore. The best thing is to pay her a compliment.
8. What women notice are the shoes and the watch. Go for understated elegance, whether it’s a vintage Rolex or a classic Timex or a watch that was your grandfather’s. It’s the same with shoes. I love a pair that look like they’ve been resoled 10 times.
9. A giant shirt is not cute. If it feels overly comfortable, it probably doesn’t look so good. A simple fit test is to check your shoulder seam. It’s designed to be on your shoulder line—not somewhere near it.
10. We don’t need you to be perfect. What we do need is for you to look a little bit more pulled-together. And no pleats, please, not ever, ever, in your life. Ever.
I am ridiculously obsessed with this woman. She’s the creative director and president of J.Crew. She helped turn around a sagging business and turned it into a brand that every young woman covets. The clothes are simple enough, but when the J.Crew team puts the items together… the look is pure perfection. Clean, easy, chic and personal. Which is pretty much what you can say about Jenna’s style too.
Her home is also a total reflection of her style philosophy too: Here are some shots from her Brooklyn townhouse:
Love Love love her! What made me love her even more was the fact that she makes it a point to be home by 6:30pm so that she can spend time with her son Beckett. Balancing work and life fabulously… now that’s a super mom!
Click on the link to watch A day in the life of Jenna Lyons
Oh Jenna. You’re awesome. Definitely one of my favorite super moms…
Adore Jenna. LOVE the mary janes.